Sunday, July 03, 2005

Multi-tasking

My SO marveled the other day at my ability to multi-task...ie. eat an apple and play a computer game at the same time. (I'm not sure what this says about his hand-eye coordination.) He's not here this morning, and I find myself thinking of him as I...eat an apple and play a computer game.

Hell, it's not a complicated game that has a hold of me right now! It's a one-handed mouse thing, so there's lots of manual dexterity left over for a mere apple.

The game? "Big Money" -- addictive little sucker. (Sorry folks, it's not compatible with Unix or Macintosh computers -- nasty, that.) I still get knocked out early, when I'm still a 'ditch digger'. I'm happy when I get up to 'employee', which is much better than 'minimum wage slave.' The built-in challenge of the level names ("What?!? I'm just a freakin' fry cook?") is a lesson for marketing people around the globe: Harness the power of people's inflated opinions of themselves.

Lori

No comments: