Thursday, July 28, 2005

On Being Creative

At gapingvoid, there is a really good list of life lessons on creativity...I like this one:
6. Everyone is born creative; everyone is given a box of crayons in kindergarten.Then when you hit puberty they take the crayons away and replace them with books on algebra etc. Being suddenly hit years later with the creative bug is just a wee voice telling you, "I’d like my crayons back, please."
I ran a workshop at a conference once on tools to enhance one's creativity...I was a teacher, and used a lot of these things in my classes, to open my students' minds a bit more -- a gentle crowbar, to allow more independent thought.

I enjoy lateral thinking puzzles...when the SO was on the road, driving truck, I went with him for a week, and had him solving these suckers at 3 a.m., driving down the I5.

(a little more practice:)
ID LIEK MAH CRAYONS BAK PLZ

Lori

1 comment:

The Nag said...

Great to see that you've joined the blogging universe. I've attempted to blogroll you and you should appear in my sidebar soon.