Tuesday, August 23, 2005

Wow...so busy.

Well, the deed has been done. He asked me. What's odd about it is how meaningful it turned out to be. I knew he was 'It' and the one I was going to be with the rest of my life...we'd even talked about marriage. But actually being asked was...big.



...under the stars...after having watched a guy give a presentation about bats in the campground we were in. [Hmm. Ambiguous sentence: did he give the presentation in the campground, or about the bats in the campground? As there is only small brown bats in the area, and the picture projected is of a vampire bat, I'd say it was the first interpretation.]

"But it's been so long since you last blogged!" I can hear my hordes of fans now...Okay, you're right! Being asked to marry someone on a one night camping trip isn't that time-consuming. I was taking a very intensive course...the one I mentioned a few entries ago...SFU's Book Publishing Immersion Workshop. Days of lectures by the top people in the field...nights of working in our breakout rooms to 10:30 p.m. deadlines (a couple of nights, the university stayed open so we could meet our 11:30 p.m. or midnight finishes!). My cats didn't recognize me anymore.

But I'm back.

Lori

1 comment:

Carissa said...

Congratulations!