Thursday, August 24, 2006

I couldn't pick just one...

Found yet another blogger who amuses me, here's his blog: Life, allegedly.

This guy, who writes about day-to-day absurdities, composes his observations in the snippets of poetry that are haiku. (Does he follow the 'rules'? I don't really care. Rules are meant to be broken anyway.)

Oh, there's a lot of haiku out there on the Internet...classic Japanese-in-translation, to SF haiku, to mullet haiku... (What? You haven't discovered mullet haiku yet? Just Google it, and enjoy!) This is just another sample.

Here are some examples that struck my fancy (it was hard to choose...it ain't necessarily literary, but 'tis fun!):

For Howlin' Wolf

if blues was money
i'd be a big ass rich man
i'd be The Donald



Night on the Town

Staggering in the night
Above me, a strange light blinking
DON'T WALK DON'T WALK DON'T WALK



Migratory Rant

A duck walked past my house.
He quacked as he waddled.
He seemed angry.


Thanks, and keep writing.

Lori

2 comments:

mad said...

Lori, thanks for the shout!

Lori said...

y'r welcome!