Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Save the World Before Bedtime

Have I told you folks that I married a man who has a Powerpuff Girls fixation? (And I married him a year and 2 days ago, to be precise...)

But then, it's an easy show to like. The puns are often over the kids' heads, with a fabulous 'gotta have something for the poor parents' attitude. I think my favourite episode so far is:
Episode 18
Beat Your Greens
When Broccoli Aliens from space invade Townsville, it's up to the Powerpuff girls and all the children to take a bite out of crime.
And yes, we have episodes at home. Metro is a true Powerpuff fan.

The other day, he sent me this fabulous (tongue firmly in cheek) academic treatise on the PPG. Here's a sampling:
This creation (re-creation), then, coupled with an obvious virgin birth (note the reference to a virgin birth, for it shall become important soon) to a single father (a man of science, it is worth noting) with no mother in sight, is an obvious criticism of the christian Jesus birth myth. In short, a rejection of many of the more organised religions of the day.
And it's followed by threads and threads of discussion! I love this stuff!

Go watch some PPG today...you won't regret it.

Lori

7 comments:

Metro said...

"Release the cheese!"
--From "Beat Your Greens"

Sounds better to me than "Unleash hell".

Anonymous said...

I wouldn't touch your cheese with a ten-foot bottle of lysol. It's far more toxic than Hell.

Metro said...

But tasty.

Of course, I wouldn't beat your greens either.

Lori said...

Children! Children! Can't we all just work together?!

Metro said...

She started it.

Scuffs ground with foot, waits for opportunity to yank Raincoster's pigtails.

Anonymous said...

I'm also a PPG fan. (Though I have recovered from my fixation, with help from electroshock therapy.) What could be sweeter than cute little girls who can kick some serious ass?

And in the words of the immortal Mojo Jojo: One egg left! For a nutritious breakfast, two eggs is the minimum requirement, and I have but one, which is much less than two, and it is two that I need. Curses!

Lori said...

@Alejna
"Curses!" indeed. Every once in awhile, my man will start in on his Mojo Jojo impression, and it always (usually? depends on how often he does it) cracks me up. What a gag! To do that so consistently on the show, and still make it funny...True talent (and no, Metro, I'm not talking about your impersonations!)