Sunday, April 01, 2007

Gmail goes lo-tech!

I've blogged before about the trend of going lo-tech: here and here.

Now, Gmail is tapping into that newest craze of all, in our high tech world -- they're moving email back to paper. Now, you can get them to print all your emails in bulk, and they'll send them to you.

Environmentally-friendly:
Gmail Paper is made out of 96% post-consumer organic soybean sputum, and thus, actually helps the environment. For every Gmail Paper we produce, the environment gets incrementally healthier.
Free:
The cost of postage is offset with the help of relevant, targeted, unobtrusive advertisements, which will appear on the back of your Gmail Paper prints in red, bold, 36 pt Helvetica.

And will help clarify so much for the Internet neophyte:

"Now that I have Gmail Paper, I understand the difference between labels and folders. I had one message with two labels, but when I tried to stick the paper version into two filing cabinets at the same time, it just wouldn’t go."

Mayumi M., Associate

Go and check it out. Personally, I don't see myself using it in the near future.

Lori

5 comments:

lifeflaw said...

Someone please tell me that this is a joke...!!!

Lori said...

April Fools!!

:p

Anonymous said...

Now what will I do with all this soybean sputum, eh?

Lori said...

I've logged into Gmail on and off all day, and they still have that page up. Maybe it's not a joke? (FSM help us!)

My favourite bit is the LOTR reference:
"Keep it Secret, Keep it Safe
Google takes privacy very seriously. But once your email is physically in your hands, it's as secure as you want to make it."

Metro said...

Myyyy preciousss!