Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Lazy "Artists"

So, I was wandering in an adult toy store this evening...

Get your minds back here! I was in a Future Shop, not the other kind of toy store!

Anyway, I was browsing the cheap DVDs, and I came across this fabulous 1985 movie:

We all remember this one? I'm sure it was on everyone's Top 10 lists!

But Dennis Quaid's picture on this poster/cover made me stop short...

"Hell, he looks just like Miles Vorkosigan!!"

So, out there somewhere is an artist that got paid the big bucks at Baen books in 1995 for "creating" this very cool cover art.

Buddy, people have longer memories than that!

Lori

5 comments:

The Nag said...

I can't believe you caught that. Good work, girl!

Metro said...

So Miles Vorkosigan is based on Dennis Quaid? Or is that Admiral Naismith?

Lori said...

@nag
Happens all the time, and people get away with it! Here I'd been really impressed with the quality of representation of my favourite character...ah well. Turns out he was modeled on a handsome actor.

Still lazy.

@metro
Silly man. Either. :-)

Anonymous said...

Just appalling. As a graphic designer, this let me indulge in quite a bit of self-righteous indignation. And I'm not only going to point it out to Baen Books, I'm going to submit it to You Thought We Wouldn't Notice.

stomps away angrily

Lori said...

Oooo...I love getting PJ all worked up! :-)