Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Donkeys

Do a Google search of the word "donkey" and some delightful stuff comes up:

The Donkey Sanctuary of Canada (who knew?)

Guidelines for Using Donkeys as Guard Animals with Sheep (provided by the Gov't of Ontario of all places)

Lately, I've been hearing the word a lot, as my man Metro is playing poker and is picking up the jargon. A donkey is a specific type of player: a bad one.

Today, a friend of a friend, visiting from out of town, started telling me a story out of the blue...about how, when she was a young girl, she saw the most amazing thing: Donkey Baseball. A fundraiser in her little town. All these years later, this memory has stayed with her, vividly.

I smiled to myself, went to my friend's computer and hit Youtube. Two seconds later I called her over to see this:



I love the Internet.

Lori

No comments: